Information about you
Personal Information is something that identifies you as an individual, such as: Your Name, Postal Address, Telephone Number, Email Address, Credit / Debit Card details.
Non- identifying information may also be held, for data analysis and marketing purposes.
We may receive information about you if you:
- Contact us directly, by telephone, email or via our website – by applying for one of our products or services.
- From our associated third parties, who you have given your consent to, for example, Finance companies, Dealership groups, and occasionally other brokers.
- If your details are passed to us by your friends or family.
What do we do with your information?
The information we receive from you directly, and from third parties may be used for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to:
- Responding to enquiries
- Providing you with relevant products and services, and any improvements thereof.
- Notifying you of important information or changes
- Information relevant to your agreement or proposed agreement.
- To help detect and prevent fraud and money laundering.
- Analysis and customer profiling.
Please note we will only retain your information for the necessary length of time required to manage your account correctly, and provide you the best possible customer service.
Sharing your information
- Updating our records
- Completing a transaction on your behalf
- Managing our relationship
- Data Analysis
- As we deem to be necessary (a) to ensure compliance with legal processing, (b) to enforce our terms and conditions, (c) to protect our rights, and that of any associated third party companies, (d) under any applicable law.
Credit reference agencies hold information on companies and private individuals. This information is used to monitor your credit, and produces a credit score. Credit scoring is used, in part, by finance companies to determine your ability to borrow money. By using this credit scoring facility it enables the finance companies to ensure they are lending responsibly.
Yes, we do record our calls
Our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes. We may use the calls for legal and regulatory reasons, Fraud prevention and detection, and in the event that we needed to resolve a query or complaint.
If you decide to email either ourselves, or one of our associate third parties, please remember that emails sent may not be completely secure. We would recommend that you keep personal information on the email to a minimum. If you have any concerns we recommend you contact the relevant company by telephone.
Your rights as a Data Subject
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information which you can exercise by writing to: Tilsun Leasing Ltd,
5 Verity Court, Pochin Way, Middlewich, Cheshire, CW10 0GW
- Right to request access to your personal information and information relating to our use and processing of your personal information;
- Right to request that we restrict our use of your personal information;
- Right to receive your personal information in a structured commonly-used and machine-readable format or transmit the data directly to another Data Controller;
- Right to object to the processing of your personal information for certain purposes such as direct marketing and profiling;
- Right to request your personal information to be erased where it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. Deletion may be limited, as we may require certain information to control your account until its completion when your vehicle is returned to the finance company.
- Right to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information where the processing of your data is based on consent.
We will not make any decision about you using automated means only and will notify you in writing if this position changes.
Personalise the information you receive.
We may use the information you provide to contact you with news regarding our products, services and new developments. We may contact you by telephone, post, email and SMS. You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications by any of the above mentioned means.
The Internet and cookies
We do our best to keep our website secure, however, you recognise when you provide information to us through the internet, or when you send us, or ask us to send you confidential information by email, that the internet and email communications may not be secure. Tilsun Leasing Ltd cannot be held responsible for loss or unauthorised interception of your information when transmitted via the internet. Unfortunately, this is beyond our control.
When you visit our website, our server automatically records your IP address, the website from which you visit us, and the websites you have visited. We may use this information for data analysis.
A cookie is a piece of information that a website transfers to a cookie file in the browser on your computer. This is so the website can remember who you are. Typically a cookie contains the name of the domain from which the cookies has come from, the life of the cookie, a value and a random generated number unique to you.
You can accept or decline cookies by modifying your browsers settings. However you may not be able to use all of the interactive features within a website if your cookies are disabled.
Data Handling Complaints
The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) are the governing body for UK Data Protection. If you feel we have not handled your data correctly you have the right to refer certain complaints to the ICO for investigation.
Tel: 0303 123 1113